ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY
What's This All About?
BluEco LCT System the proprietary Liquid-Crystalline Turbex (LCT) technology is a molecular level airflow, indoor climate management system. This innovative processor produces the highest quality of water while at the same time efficiently managing the interior airflow, cleansing the air from particulates, and allowing for significant energy savings. Additionally, the technology eliminates an arena’s reliance on the municipal water systems to create and maintain its ice sheet. BluEco LCT is a stand alone “plug and play” system which seamlessly integrates into venues with out the necessity of replacing existing HVAC systems, is extremely efficient and operates in all climates.
Pathway to Sustainability and Savings
30% - 70% reduction in energy costs
4,800 liters/day per each BluEco Water Recycling Unit
100 liters/day per each BluEco 180
Immediate tax deductions
IRS Section 179D: Energy Efficient Commercial Building Tax Reduction up to $1.80 sq/ft (contingent upon annual Congressional appropriation approval)
State rebate & incentives
Department of Energy
BluEco LCT Installation at STAPLES Center
Minimized the water consumption in the arena:
- 2000 liters of water from indoor air generated each day
- Over 500,000 gallons of water saved/year
Reduced power consumption:
- 833 ton chiller has been completely turned off; 2 chillers now running at 50%-70%.
- Ice plant running at 1/3 – 1/2 capacity.
- Raised chiller set points 8 degrees from previous settings, resulting in an hourly savings of 1200 kWh.
- 1200 kWh x 24hr x 285 days = 8,208,000 kWh/year. Current cost per kWh at Staples Center is est. $0.172. (Assumption: 285 ice days).
- The entire gas bill for the reheat of air, post-cooling in the AHU, reduced to nearly 0.
Improved the indoor air quality:
- Indoor moisture level has dropped over 40% and now hovers around the 30% RH and below. This clearly results in higher indoor air quality.
- Naturally cleanses air of particulates, microorganisms and odors, and the system has no parts that can become breeding grounds for mold and bacteria.
- By significantly lowering the moisture in arena, a reduction in rust, corrosion and condensation is immediately realized.
- Reduced overall carbon footprint of arena:
- Estimated yearly kWh reduction for Staples = 8,208,000
- Due to low moisture levels + the increase in temperature set points, eliminated the need to re-heat, thus a significant impact on the reduction of CO2 footprint.
- Clear reduction in overall energy consumption and water use at Staples.
Request Additional Information
To learn more about how BluEco can help you reduce your carbon footprint and secure your sustainability goals: